Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Amplifying your vote

Are you mad as hell and refuse to take it any more? In today's politically correct society it is not acceptable to express your views.  In the company of like minded individuals, such ideas are acceptable. Further to our precinct Committeeman is available to put you in contact with those persons without the risk of "political shaming".

As a first step, be registered as a Republican. (This gives you more credibility to Republicans. (For non Republicans please read no further). Unfortunately, if you are not registered to vote or are currently voting every election, you are being taken for granted.

To make your views listened to, you need to make a little noise. I prefer not to make a public display of myself but gaining a reputation for reasoned views, it helps to avoid expressing you views in a smaller group to have them refined prior to publication. That is my theory anyway. I became a Precinct Committeeman to start that process. Others reading this could avoid that commitment by piggybacking on my experience.

Step 2 in the process is to form the small group.  My current group is the LD9 Committeeman which is small unfortunately, but not as like minded as I would would like. I would like suggestions on what would attract you to join with me or other Republicans to refine and advertise your views.

I would like to recruit others to become PCs who could be the core of such support groups. "Where ever two or more are gathered" you have the potential to take over your local precient. My precinct, 187, has only 2 PCs. One more and we could be in charge. (Or with three, you could be in charge).  Elsewhere in this blog I outlined a way to meet at coffee to discuss whatever. As an experienced PC I could bring discussion topics and accept research assignments to keep things moving.

Step 3 is to establish channels to amplify our votes. Your views are important and will be more influential if developed in a encouraging environment.

Step 4 is to contact your elected representatives, with your matured views. A great resource for developing contacts is your precinct Committeeman. If there is not one available, you may have to draw straws to create one. (You will be expected to work for candidates as a PC, but that requirement appears to be not met in most cases unfortunately). A painless way to meet that requirement would be to invite prospective candidates to your coffee breaks to have petitions signed )

David Farnsworth, PC, LD9 1st vice chair, State Committeeman.

No comments:

Post a Comment